It’s no question chicken is one of America’s favorite meals. As much as 90.1 pounds of chicken per capita were consumed by Americans throughout the year in 2015 alone.
But have you ever bitten into a chicken that wasn’t as wonderful as you thought it would be? Odds are, it’s because the chicken you had didn’t have all the wonderful seasonings your local South Beach delivery uses.
As a guide for future “chickening,” here are six herbs and spices that can take a chicken to the next level before it even touches your taste buds.
- Basil. Salt and pepper may be the staple seasonings in good chicken, but basil is the subtle herb that goes a long way. Basil is often used as a seasoning for grilled chicken, but it can also be a backdrop flavor for baked, sauteed, roasted, and fried chicken as well.
- Garlic. Garlic may not be an herb or spice, but it’s another kitchen staple that adds a whole lot of flavor. When added to a chicken dish, it can give the kick you need without any additional spiciness.
- Cumin. Cumin is like garlic in that it has an unmistakable flavor. It gives chicken that smoky taste you know and love, which is why it’s often used in dry rubs for a good punch of flavor.
- Chili powder. Chili powder is what gives your chicken that familiar smoky, spicy flavor. Although, chili powder isn’t as spicy as cayenne powder so it’s a good alternative for those who aren’t a fan of heat.
- Ginger. Ginger is another ingredient that isn’t an herb or a spice but adds a flurry of flavor with a hint of spice. Ginger is best used with other spices to keep it from overpowering the dish with its pungent flavor and scent.
- Rosemary. This herb is what gives your chicken an earthy taste that will have you coming back for seconds, thirds, and even fourths. Its smell makes it unmistakable. What’s more, rosemary can be used fresh or dried.
No matter the herbs and spices you use, there’s nothing quite like South Beach delivery and the South Beach chicken wings they offer. If you’re wondering where to eat in South Beach, pick up the phone and order out to Chicken Brasa today.