Summer doesn’t always mean healthier and happier food choices. In fact, a lot of summer foods aren’t so good for you.
Blame it on the festival fare, baseball games, and backyard barbeques.
Although some unhealthy summer food can be fun to have on occasion, it’s important not to go overboard. That said, here are some of the best and worst foods you can have this summer.
The Worst Summertime Foods For You
Unfortunately, a lot of food that’s eaten during the summer isn’t the best. A lot of it is greasy, fried, or comes with little to no nutritional content.
Here are some of the top summer foods to keep away from your mouth this summer:
- Corn dogs. Hot dogs aren’t the healthiest food. But when deep-fried, there’s definitely nothing good about it. Corn dogs are a summer source of sodium and fat.
- Fried dough. Fried dough is a summer staple, especially at carnivals and sports games. Unfortunately, it’s also one of the fattiest foods. Fried dough lowers good cholesterol, increases bad cholesterol, and worsens inflammation.
- Daiquiris. Daiquiris are a favorite summer drink. But they’re anything but light. In fact, the average daiquiri is filled with sugar and fat. Luckily, there are healthier and more refreshing drinks available.
The Best Summertime Foods For You
Summertime foods don’t always have to be fried and greasy. In fact, some of the best summer fares are healthiest.
Here are some of the top foods you don’t have to feel guilty for eating this summer:
- Watermelon. Watermelon is a great source of water during those hot and sweaty days. In fact, watermelon is made up of 92% water.
- Corn on the cob. Go easy on the salt and this summertime food is great for you. Corn is a good source of fiber and also promotes the vitamins that help you see.
- Chicken. During the week leading up to July 4th, Americans purchase up to 700 million pounds of chicken. Chicken is a good source of protein and vitamins, which means you don’t have to feel guilty about visiting your local Latin restaurants in South Beach like Chicken Brasa.
If you’re looking for Latin restaurants in South Beach, Chicken Brasa is the place to be whether you’re craving chicken wings or want rotisserie chicken delivery. Chicken Brasa is where to eat. For more information on food delivery, contact Chicken Brasa today.