It’s no secret Latin cuisine is known for its remarkable and vibrant flavors. Yet many Latin American dishes such as the ones you find in South Beach restaurants contain surprisingly simple ingredients.
To give you a better idea of what it is that makes Latin cuisine oh so flavorful, here are a few of the key ingredients and seasonings you may find among the 39,325 eating and drinking locations in Florida.
- Citrus fruits. Lemons and oranges are key when it comes to Latin American cooking, especially in fruit drinks, desserts, and marinades. It can also be used to cook the number one protein in America: chicken.
- Cumin. Often used in curries, cumin is also a favorite in Latin American fishes. This flavorful seasoning helps boost the richness of black beans in particular.
- Olive oil. Olive oil is a staple in every Latin American cabinet. It can be used in stews, marinades, dressings, and sofrito.
- Onions and garlic. Onions and garlic are two key ingredients that add a little extra spice to some favorite Latin American dishes. The best part about these ingredients is that they’re available in a range of forms including pre-minced.
- Paprika. Paprika is another staple spice to keep in your kitchen. This seasoning can come in a variety of types including sweet, hot, or smoked so you can use it in many kinds of dishes.
- Beans. Beans aren’t just a staple in the Latin American kitchen, but also the Caribbean kitchen. Kidney and black beans, in particular, are the top choice for many families. Packed with protein, beans can be used for recaito and sofrito. It’s also used in, you guessed it, beans and rice.
- Jalapeno peppers. Jalapeno peppers, though most common in Mexican cuisine, often make an appearance in certain Latin American dishes to bring on a little extra heat. Jalapenos may sometimes be used in stews or in pico de gallo for some spice since the peppers themselves aren’t super hot.
If you’re looking for Latin restaurants in South Beach with a knack for authentic Latin American cuisine, Chicken Brasa is the place for you to get rotisserie chicken delivered from. For more information on catering, chicken wings, or to get rotisserie chicken delivered, contact Chicken Brasa today.